Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thursday 8-09 Day 46

















Rest day; Gettysburg, PA
No Scheduled miles

In was hot in the school last night I did not sleep too well, in the middle of the night I got up and turned on my little battery operated fan and that helped a lot. (thank you Sully)

For Breakfast, I went for a coffee and paper with Liz and Anne. Anne had had a tough day yesterday but was feeling a bit better this morning. After the coffee, I went to the local library and logged onto my blog just to gave a brief update on the happenings the past week.

Then it was tourist time. I hopped on one of the tour buses and took a two hour tour of the battlefields in, and surrounding Gettysburg. The tour was complete with an "audio dramatization" which was actually kind of nice. It rained most of the tour, so it was nice to be in the bus. Simply amazing how many men died here, and the number of monuments raised in their honor.

Afterward it was domestic stuff, laundry, banking, and cleaning the bike. For dinner we had a nice meal in one of the hotels, Brack Sr. and Jean Anne were in town and acted as hosts. Brack is still using crutches, but you can tell he is getting better. Than a bit more of walking around downtown Gettysburg, judging by the number of psychic and haunted tours available after dark, Gettysburg has got to be the most alive ghost town in the world.

Than back to the school and hit the sack. David our mechanic has decided for some reason to set up the bike stand at the foot of my bed roll, and he and Toronto David are working on bikes! Oh well, tomorrow is only 50 some miles!

This is an area I would very much love to come back and explore a little more in depth. I think to take the same route as the tour bus, but only by bike would be outstanding. I'm sure it would take a whole day, but it would be very moving.

No comments: